Customers often ask about valve replacement for oxygen concentrators, especially the four-way valve for Philips Everflo oxygen concentrators. Here is a brief introduction to the solenoid valve, to facilitate a better understanding of the role of the valve in the operation of the oxygen concentrator and the importance of regular replacement.
We first have a preliminary understanding of the solenoid valve.
- The solenoid valve is composed of a solenoid coil and core, which is the valve body containing one or several holes.
- When the coil is energized or de-energized, the operation of the core will cause the fluid to pass through the valve body or be cut off to change the direction of the fluid.
- The solenoid part of the solenoid valve consists of a fixed core, moving core, coil, and other parts; the valve body part consists of slide core, slide sleeve, spring base, and so on.
- The solenoid coil is mounted directly on the valve body, and the valve body is enclosed in a sealed tube, constituting a simple and compact combination.
- We commonly used in the production of solenoid valves are two-position three-way, two-position four-way, two-position five-way, etc. Here is the meaning of two-position: for the solenoid valve is charged and de-energized, for the valve under control is open and closed.
The working principle of solenoid valve.
- In the oxygen machine control system, the solenoid valve is mainly used to switch the pneumatic control diaphragm head air circuit. It consists of the valve body, valve cover, electromagnetic components, springs and sealing structure, and other components.
- When power is applied, the electromagnet attracts, the sealing block with spring on the upper part of the moving core closes the exhaust port, and the airflow enters the membrane head from the inlet port, playing a controlling role.
- When the power is lost, the electromagnetic force disappears, the moving iron core leaves the fixed iron core under the action of spring force and moves downward, opening the exhaust port and blocking the air inlet, the airflow of the diaphragm head is discharged through the exhaust port, and the diaphragm returns to its original position.
- In our oxygen generation equipment, there are applications in the emergency cut-off of the inlet membrane adjustment valve of the turbine expander, etc.
Solenoid valve failure will directly affect the action of the switching and regulating valve, common failures have solenoid valve does not act, should be investigated from the following aspects.
(1) solenoid valve stuck. Solenoid valve slide sleeve and spool with a small clearance (less than 0.008mm), is generally a single assembly, when there are mechanical impurities brought in, it is easy to jam. Treatment available steel wire from the head of the small hole is stabbed into so that it pops back. The fundamental solution is to remove the solenoid valve, take out the spool and spool sleeve, clean with CCI4, making the spool flexible in the valve sleeve action. Disassembly should pay attention to the order of assembly of the components and external wiring position, to reassemble and wiring correctly, but also check whether the oil mist spray hole is blocked.
(2) Air leakage. Air leakage will cause insufficient air pressure, making it difficult to open and close the forced valve, due to damage to the gasket or slide valve wear and tear caused by a few cavity fugitive air.
(3) solenoid valve terminals lose or wire off, the solenoid valve shall not power, can tighten the wire.
(4) the solenoid valve coil burned, you can remove the wiring of the solenoid valve, measured with a multimeter, if the open circuit, the solenoid valve coil burned. The reason is that the coil is damp, causing bad insulation and leakage, resulting in excessive current in the coil and burning, so to prevent rain into the solenoid valve. In addition, the spring is too hard, the reaction force is too large, the number of turns of the coil is too small, the suction force is not enough can also make the coil burn. Emergency treatment, the manual button on the coil from the normal operation of the “0” bit to “1” bit, so that the valve opens.
In general, the solenoid valve function has a problem, is a comprehensive aging problem, the parts inside will also have problems.
- In the case of air leakage, replacing the gasket and gasket may be able to briefly restore the performance of the solenoid valve, but can not solve the comprehensive aging problem.
- During the use of the oxygenator, if there is a problem with the valve, it is recommended that the whole be replaced to ensure at least the overall cleanliness of the valve.
- The pilot part of the valve is an electronic precision component, which is also prone to problems by other contamination such as dust.
so regular maintenance and replacement of the valve as a whole are more conducive to patients receiving stable oxygen and ensuring life safety.
If other technical aspects need further communication, please email email@example.com, we are happy to communicate with you further about the various problems encountered during the use of the valve.