5 Tips help you to set up your oxygen concentrator at home:
- Place the concentrator at least 3 inches from walls, furniture, and draperies. Avoid placing it on deep pile carpets or near heaters, radiators, or hot air registers.
- Plug the concentrator into an electrical outlet. Extension cords are never to be used.
- Connect the humidifier bottle (if prescribed), up to 50 feet of crush-proof delivery tubing, and a 7-foot cannula.
- Turn the unit ON and Set the flow meter to the prescribed flow rate. To properly set the flow rate, center the ball on the L/min line of the flow meter. NOTE: The flow must be set after all delivery
apparatuses have been connected
- The concentrator may be used during the initial start warm-up period (approximately 30 min.) while waiting for the O2 purity to reach maximum.